Chia coconut pudding is a healthy, filling recipe that tastes like dessert. Make chia pudding with our coconut-based probiotics for a gluten-free, vegan treat that boost your gut health!
Chia Coconut Pudding
Serves 3, keep refrigerated up to 7 days
- 1 1/4 cup organic coconut milk
- 3/4 cup Kashaya’s original blend probiotics
- 1 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (or more, as needed)
- 1 cup mixed berries for garnish
- 3/4 cup gluten free granola for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, probiotics, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in the chia seeds. If you pour them in quickly, they’ll clump.
- Stir every few minutes for the first ten minutes, then refrigerate the mixture. Let it thicken for at least 3 hours, or as long as a few days.
- When ready to serve, divide the chia coconut pudding into 3 bowls or jars, and top with fresh berries and granola of your choice.
Notes: The trick to making chia coconut pudding without clumps is to whisk the seeds into the coconut milk/probiotic mixture slowly and stir periodically. The pudding starts to thicken right away, but you’ll want to refrigerate it for a few hours (or overnight) for the best results.
This recipe is perfect for getting a daily serving of living probiotics into your family’s diet. Kashaya probiotics are not only diverse in the 13-strains of good bacteria but is a great source of healthy fats from organic coconut milk used in making our medical food-supplements. This healthy sweet treat is packed with plant based fiber from chia seeds. These superfood seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, iron and protein. A 28-gram serving of chia seeds contains up to 5.6 grams of protein. When mixed with water, they can replace eggs in vegan cooking or be used as a smoothie bowl topper.